He enrolled in the Ecole des Beaux-Arts, Montreal, in 1952 where he studied under Jacques de Tonnancour and continued study under him after graduation. Over the years his work has been exhibited with the Automatists (1954) the University of Montreal (1955); the shrine on Mount-Royal (1955); Gallery XII, Mtl. Museum of Fine Arts (1958); Dominion Gallery (1962); Lac Charlebois (1963); Dominion Gallery (1964, 1966). Viewing his work in 1964 Dorothy Pfeiffer noted, "Although at first sight the artist's works may appear nonfigurative, they soon manifest a basic kinship with organic nature. His palette knife seems to prance and paw the thickly painted ground like a nervous thoroughbred; the starting gun signals and he's off! Off to a magnificent finish. Verve, skill, poetry, music, life! All such elements of beauty project themselves from Michon's paintings." He is represented in the Bronfman Collection, Dr. John MacAulay collection, Winnipeg, and in a number of American and European collections.